Popular Customer Questions
A : We will happily provide customers with further information. When they are ready, we provide a link to our online booking form. On submission of the booking form, we, add the cost of any “Extras”, that you may now have requested to the rental cost, and confirm back to you the total cost. Payment of the deposit, within the 7 day period, will confirm your booking.
A : If you wish to travel outside of U.K. then this can be arranged, & is subject to rental periods & length. Insurance surcharges will apply.
A : You are free to take your motorhome over to the Scottish Isles. When making your ferry booking, they will require you to enter the vehicle registration number, & the motorhome length.
A : Your suitcases, can be left with us during your motorhome rental period.
A : From 2019, we have decided to set aside one motorhome, as “pet friendly”. This though does not mean that we will accept all customer pets, and we will need to know, type of animal, size, and age before accepting a booking.
A : On the day of collection of your motorhome, customers are required to deposit refundable security deposit of £750.00. Payment of this deposit can be by cash, bank transfer, debit card or credit card.
Should you pay by cash, then we will return the cash on the safe return of the undamaged motorhome. This is subject to a satisfactory inspection. For deposits made by bank transfer or card payments, we will endeavour to complete within 48 hours. N.B it can then take an additional 3 to 5 working days, before banks or card companies pass on the refund to you.
Cash payments, in Euros to the same value are accepted.
Our walk through, take between 60- 75 minutes. During this time we will demonstrate the workings of the motorhome, inside & outside. We do ask for the undivided attention of at least one adult. Then on completion of any outstanding paperwork, we get you on your way.
A : As we enter the season for 2019, all of our motorhomes are under 12 months old. We maintain our vehicles in excellent condition, They are low mileage, well serviced & properly maintained. We have plans to add more new motorhomes throughout 2019 but await confirmation of delivery dates.
A : Our motorhomes are fitted with:
- Rear View Camera
- Bike Rack
- Wind out awning
- Television with built in DVD player
- Black out blindson all windows & roof vents
- Fly screens on all windows
- Fly screen door
- Road map
- Levelling Ramps
- Water Hose
- Mains hook up cable
- 138 litre Slimline Fridge Fridge/Freezer Dometic , uses LPG & Mains Electric.
- Combination Thetford thermostatic oven, and 3 burner hob, will run only on LPG gas.
- Built-in microwave oven with digital controls, will only run when connected to a mains power source.
- The re-chargeable leisure batteries, power the habitation area LED lighting.
- Dual fuel heating with Truma Combi system, for internal heating & hot water.
A : Our standard motorhome rental collection time is after 14:00 hours, and before 17:00 hours. We require motorhomes to be returned and fully vacated ,unpacked & in a clean condition by 10:00 hours. Collections and returns outwith these times are strictly by prior arrangement.
A : Prior to your rental we will require you as the “Rental Customer”, to provide us with:
- One officially recognised method of photographic identification , e.g. Passport or Driving licence
- Two copies of Utility bills, that show your current address. We do not require to see any financial details on these bills, only the name and address.
Additionally we will require:
- Driving licence of any person to be insured to drive the motorhome.
- Holders of UK driving licences must provide us with a DVLA licence summary, this can be obtained from the DVLA site online ( https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence <https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence> )
As this is only valid , for 21 days after you obtain it, you may submit this at any date prior to your rental.
N.B. ** please do not simply forward the code to ourselves, we require the PDF of the Licence Summary.
All drivers must be present on collection of the motorhome, & driving licnces must be presented.
A : Our rental motorhomes come equipped with the following items:
- Kitchen Utensils
- Frying Pan
- Glass Tumblers
- Wine Glasses
- Folding Picnic Table
- Folding Camping Seats
- Levelling Ramps
- Mains Power Cab;e
- Hose ( for filling the fresh water tank)
- Colour Television/DVD player
- GPS ( loaded with wild camping maps
- Toilet chemicals
- Map book
- Tea Towels
A : There is only a limited amount of storage in a motorhome, & we advise customers to pack light. If you have more than a small aircraft cabin bag, per occupant then, you have far too much. Try to layer clothing, to accommodate changes in weather throughout the day.
A : All collections & returns are from our premises in Kirkcaldy.
A : Drivers must be between the ages of 25 years and 70 years. They must also have held a full licence for a minimum period of 24 months. We require all drivers to be present on collection of the motorhome. Drivers over the age of 70 years, but under the age of 75 years of age , may also be accepted subject to acceptance by our insurers. The minimum amount of the refundable security deposit, would increase to £1500.00.